I disagree with caning(public and private) as it may be too harsh a punishment. Its intention is to frighten the pupils with the pain inflicted so they will not do it again. There are some pupils who do not fear pain as much as others and as a result, they continue with that bad or violent behavior. I regard scolding as a minor form of punishment. The scolding is trying to scare the pupil into obedience with a loud and angry booming voice. If the teacher has a nice soft voice, not even one pupil will take his or her scolding seriously. I feel making the pupil feel embarrassed may help. The pupil will be afraid to be embarrassed again as he or she will be watched by many other pupils.
I think the best solution is to notify his or her parent/guardian so that they can settle it their own way. If the school punishes a student not in the way or manner of the parent/guardian, they may get upset if they feel the punishment was too light or too harsh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment